A couple of weeks ago, Point Inside™, Inc. announced its Point Inside App, available free from the App Store. Now it is available for Android devices as well, and it’s FREE.
The app for iPhone, iPod Touch and Android makes asking for directions in the shopping mall a thing of the past. Point Inside is the most comprehensive indoor navigation application, providing the only fully interactive Smart Map™ directory of the interiors of shopping malls, level by level. It enables users to instantly locate over 100,000 stores and kiosks, as well as restrooms, elevators, ATMs, parking, play areas, lost & found, and other guest services in hundreds of the top North American malls across nearly every U.S. state and Canadian province.
“People are constantly seeking directions inside shopping malls and their frustration amounts to something we call ‘indoor navigation anxiety’,” said Kevin Foreman, CEO, of Point Inside, Inc. “We developed the Point Inside App to provide shoppers with a free mobile map that allows them to search for, and pinpoint, the exact location of not only their favorite stores, but restrooms, elevators, ATMs, and even kiosks. With Point Inside on your iPhone or iPod touch you can make paper maps and directories a thing of the past.”
Point Inside’s top-line integration with Google Maps allows shoppers to easily find the closest shopping mall, based on their location. Each shopping mall can then be searched by Events, Promotions, Services, and Stores, or navigated via the overview map. The hundreds of retailer descriptions included within the free Point Inside App range from American Eagle, to Nordstrom and Zumiez, among an array of others. For each retailer, Point Inside provides a store description, store hours, link to their website, and a direct phone number to call. Each retailer can also choose to enhance its profile by providing special promotion or sale information.
The Point Inside App can function when there’s no cellular or WiFi signal available, and also allows users to record the location of their parked car, so they can easily find it when their shopping trip is done.
“I’m a single mom of a 3-year-old, and using Point Inside to help me navigate the Houston Galleria has changed the way I shop. I had stopped going to the mall because I used to find it too difficult to locate a desired store, an ATM, or that much-needed restroom ASAP with my son in tow. Now, with my limited amount of time and the short attention span of my son, I can navigate the Galleria with ease. Thank you Point Inside for bringing a pleasant shopping experience back to my life,” said Debi Cost, preview user of the Point Inside application.
With this latest release for Android 1.6 and higher and iPhone, Point Inside now offers:
· Higher-res, interactive maps- touch a store name on the map to get more info about it.
· Search: search by store name or description.
· Browse using the alpha index to get to the store or service you want, fast!
· The ONLY indoor map app for Android-based phones
Special features include:
· Point Inside functions offline – even when there’s no cellular or Wi-Fi signal available!
· Top-line integration with Google® Maps allows shoppers to easily find the closest shopping mall, based on their location.
· Each shopping mall can be searched by Events, Promotions, Services, and Stores, or navigated by its overview map.
· Point Inside allows shoppers to record the location of their parked car, so they can easily find it when their shopping trip is done.
· For each retailer, Point Inside provides a store description, store hours, link to their website, and a direct phone number to call. Retailers pay for this page, and can display special offers or other promotional information.
· Each retailer can also choose to enhance its profile by providing special promotion, sale or event information.
Point Inside is now available as a free app for Android 1.6 and higher phones, including:
Verizon Motorola Droid
Google Nexus One
T-Mobile myTouch 3G
Sprint HTC Hero (pending Sprint upgrade)
Point inside provides free Indoor Smart MapsTM of the nation’s top shopping malls, including:
· Aventura Mall (Miami, FL)
· Fashion Show Mall (Las Vegas, NV)
· Houston Galleria (Houston, TX)
· King of Prussia Mall (Philadelphia, PA)
· Mall of America (Bloomington, MN)
· Mill Creek Mall (Erie, PA)
· Roosevelt Field Mall (Garden City, NY)
· Sawgrass Mills (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
· South Coast Plaza (Costa Mesa, CA)
· Tysons Corner Center (McLean, VA)
· Woodfield Mall (Chicago, IL)
The Point Inside App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/. Video demonstrations of Point Inside in action can be found at: www.pointinside.com.